June 5, 2007

Fishing at Duck Valley

Michael had a few day break between the end of spring semester and the beginning of summer term. So we went fishing with his mom and dad and sister Kristal. The children were in heaven, until about day three, at which point everyone was grumpy and out of sorts. Ethan loved going out in the boat with Grandpa. Grandpa hits the fish with a piece of wood to knock them out. Ethan got really, really into that. "Hit its tail. Make its tail dead. Its tail is still moving. Hit it." I hope he doesn't turn into a psychopath.
Libby also loved going out in the boat. But she didn't like the fish part at all. Any time a fish came near her, she would scoot away squawking. As much as they loved the boat the favorite activity was throwing little stones into the water.

This was the biggest fish we caught while we were up there. And yep I caught it. I was still pretty sick while we were up there, so please excuse my appearance. And I really didn't want to touch the fish. I was being a sissy girl.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Amy said...

"Ethan got really, really into that. "Hit its tail. Make its tail dead. Its tail is still moving. Hit it." I hope he doesn't turn into a psychopath."

That totally made me laugh. Out loud.

Post a Comment