We have decided to give a go at potty-training Libby. Recall she is just 22 months old. She has decided, however, she does not like her diaper anymore.He has gone on the little potty a few times. Twice yesterday #1 and #2. She has also gone on the floor and outside on numerous occasions. We are attempting to use a method described in a book (so you know it came from Katie). It talks about all animals having an innate need to not soil themselves, and as humans, we break them of that by putting them in diapers, then we have to re-train them back to what they already knew when they were born.
So, we are trying to re-train Libby to pee-pee and poo-poo in the potty. Yes, I am her father, but I still feel like a dork when I say it so many times a day. "Libby! Do you need to go pee-pee in the potty?" Her answer is always the same: she scrunches her face and says "No." She'll sit on the potty five or six times before she eventually goes on the floor somewhere, usually in the vicinity of, but rarely in her potty. We think we are making progress, so we're going to keep up with it.
An aside: For those of you planning to have children in the future, secure a residence with as little carpeting as possible. It's just easier. Trust me.
2 comments:
Libby looks adorable
Heidi
I wish you could see how hard I am laughing.
Post a Comment