January 9, 2009
New Year's Eve
My generous in-laws bought tickets for all of their children and their spouses to go to Bogus Creek Outfitters on New Year's Eve. I have always wanted to go so I was pretty excited. The only thing that would of been better is if I hadn't been five months pregnant. They take you up to a secluded lodge by horse drawn sleigh to feed you dinner. Dinner was great and huge. I couldn't believe how many prawns Michael's brother ate. He outdid even himself. I could only eat about half of what was served, it was a ton of food. The whole time they are serving dinner they also have a live musician performing. I was a lot of fun, even if the porta potties were beyond scary. If I hadn't been pregnant I would of just held it all night long. We came back to Boise, picked up the kids from my moms and were home by 9:30. I had the bright idea of giving the kids some treats and then letting them watch a movie. I figured they would fall asleep during the movie and they would be happy to have been able to stay up late for New Years'. The movie finished at 11:30 and the kids were still bouncing off the walls. Michael and I were exhausted so we put the kids to bed, where they promptly passed out and went to bed ourselves. No one in our house was awake to ring in the New Year, but it was a great year regardless. Hope all your holidays were great.
The sun was setting right as we got up to Bogus Basin. This picture doesn't even begin to to the sunset justice.
No comments:
Post a Comment