October 28, 2009

Things they say and I need to remember

Need to remember them so I can laugh about it someday.

Ethan is sitting in timeout. Libby foolishly walked past him. Ethan hit her. Libby comes running in to tell us. Ethan's timer gets reset. Then a voice from the time out box is heard, matter of factly proclaiming, "I only hit her 'cause she wasn't fast enough."

***
Ethan and Libby are playing and running down the hall. Libby says to Ethan, "When I grow up I'm going to stay home and take care of the kids while my wife works."

***
Ethan had a toy that it was Libby's turn for. She tried to get it from him but he wasn't sharing. Libby looked at him and yelled, "Ethan you're being a bad citizen."

***
And finally. I was making a cake and had some butter out. Libby came in and said, "Mom, I know what would be a bad citizen."
"Oh, what is that?"
"If I licked the butter."
I agreed that would be bad.
Ten minutes later I walk into the kitchen to find her licking the butter. Deciding to use the same words she had I said, "Libby that is being a bad citizen."
She looks at me very calmly and coolly says, "I know."

No comments:

Post a Comment