April 5, 2010

8 Years of Marriage

On March 23rd Michael and I celebrated our 8th wedding anniversary. By a strange series of events he ended up working that evening. I don't make a big deal out of special occasions so I wished him happy anniversary and he headed off to work. I figured we would go out to dinner at a later date or something. He called me later and told me he had arranged a sitter and wondered what I wanted for dinner.

I ended up meeting him to pick up some Vietnamese food and a floral arrangement. Then he took me to a little place where he had a table covered with white linen, cloth napkins, pretty plates, fake candles, and little chocolate mousse desserts. It was very sweet and romantic. Michael is most definitely the romantic in our relationship.
He bought me eight gerber daisies. I love gerbs. They are just so cheerful and unpretentious. See, he even bought the right kind of flowers. I guess we will shoot for another 40 years or so together.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh, HAPPY, HAPPY Anniversary to you guys!!! :) What a great evening!!! :) And I love those flowers, too - they are THE. BEST!!! :) You guys are ADORABLE, and so perfect together!!! :) Happy #8, and here's to a lot more than 40 more years! ;)

Post a Comment