Over the 4th of July weekend we had a family reunion for Michael's family. The Wood family owns a little cabin above Crouch, nestled right next to the Payette River. It is always fun to go up there (even if I am obscenely pregnant). We were going to make it a day trip but Michael and the kids decided they really wanted to go up overnight. I agreed on the condition that I got to sleep close to a bathroom, so Grace and I slept snug and warm in the cabin. Michael and the kids weren't so lucky. Michael decided against taking up a tent, he thought he and the kids would enjoy a night under the stars. So the 20% chance of rain showers turned to 40% chance of rain showers which turned into a downpour a little after midnight. Michael didn't want to come into the cabin and wake anyone so in between downpours he drug the air mattress, the sleeping bags and the kids and stuffed everything in the van. The kids barely stirred according to his report. Despite the rough start everyone had a great time.

Most of the little ones out on a nature walk.

Grandpa and Grace.

A jar with a mussel it it. Unbeknown to Michael and I one of these got snuck in the van on the way home. Thankfully it was found before it started to rot.

Showing off his mussel and muscles.

Michael with his cousin's little baby, Aspen. And a sledgehammer. What a combination.

Cousin Dani and I humoring Michael's sister Katie. Notice our pained smiles. Neither of us are into people touching our bellies, much less belly-touching-belly pictures. But I have to be grateful. Most of these pictures were taken by Katie. I seem to be taking less and less pictures lately.
![]()
1 comment:
You are truly a kind person. :D
Post a Comment