Here is a short list of things I would have to throw away if my only excuse was it had human baby waste on it on one occasion or another:
Our bicycle trailer Our rug My best pair of work pants All the flooring in our house The booster seat The bathtub and associated plumbing Our entire bed
And that's just what popped into my head! Throwing something away just 'cause it had poop on it is hardly justification for being wasteful!
If I used it regularly, I might just bleach it (straight, undiluted, LOL) for a week or two. ;) Otherwise, I'd totally toss it.
The thing is, though, that if I hung onto it, I'd likely never actually *use* it again. Except maybe as a sandbox toy. It's worth a few dollars to replace it.
Non-porous materials like metal are a different story, but plastics absorb things... I'm in the "toss it" camp, LOL.
I understand Michaels' List, LOL - it gets everywhere. I think the toss instinct is partly a psychological hang-up, but it's more (for me) the plastic aspect. Sheets can be thoroughly washed and then hot-dried or sun-bleached, and yeah, metals can be sterilized. Tubs, well, you're not eating out of those, right? ;)
I *do* think it's very funny that she was rolling her poo, though.
I would probably just clean it because I don't throw it away unless it can't be cleaned. If you don't use it all the time though I would just throw it away.
9 comments:
I would throw that away faster than the poopy underwear I throw away!!!
Throw it away. GROSS!!!!
Here is a short list of things I would have to throw away if my only excuse was it had human baby waste on it on one occasion or another:
Our bicycle trailer
Our rug
My best pair of work pants
All the flooring in our house
The booster seat
The bathtub and associated plumbing
Our entire bed
And that's just what popped into my head! Throwing something away just 'cause it had poop on it is hardly justification for being wasteful!
Just sayin'.
It is gross, but I would just disinfect it myself. I've got a couple gross stories of my own if you want to hear them. LOL
If I used it regularly, I might just bleach it (straight, undiluted, LOL) for a week or two. ;) Otherwise, I'd totally toss it.
The thing is, though, that if I hung onto it, I'd likely never actually *use* it again. Except maybe as a sandbox toy. It's worth a few dollars to replace it.
Non-porous materials like metal are a different story, but plastics absorb things... I'm in the "toss it" camp, LOL.
I understand Michaels' List, LOL - it gets everywhere. I think the toss instinct is partly a psychological hang-up, but it's more (for me) the plastic aspect. Sheets can be thoroughly washed and then hot-dried or sun-bleached, and yeah, metals can be sterilized. Tubs, well, you're not eating out of those, right? ;)
I *do* think it's very funny that she was rolling her poo, though.
Oh - also, big diff between, say, newborn "milk poop," and solid food poop. ;)
I would probably just clean it because I don't throw it away unless it can't be cleaned. If you don't use it all the time though I would just throw it away.
I'm with Beth. I toss poopy underwear, so I think I would toss that too
Lucinda says TOSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment