I noticed that this will be my 200th post and just in time for the New Year. I was wondering if I should do something cutesy or dramatic but I just don't see that happening. Or I could write my goals for the New Year. Things like walking everyday, getting up at 6:30, remembering to read scriptures everyday, to never yell at my kids, to lose 15 pounds, to cut down my chocolate consumption, to not make Ethan wear pajama pants all day because laundry is way behind, and while I'm at I'll find a cure for world hunger. How I would love to accomplish all these noble goals. And even though I am pluggin' along, working towards these glorious endeavors (well not getting up early, I don't get up until the kids do and I don't see that changing and I'm not sure what to do about world hunger), I am not going to perfect them in the next year.
So I am setting some more reasonable goals for myself. I have three goals for the New Year. First I will finally print some pictures of the family and hang them on the wall. My sister-in-law gave me a ton of picture frames so I just need to fill them and hang them and maybe have a family picture done. I have been saying I will do this for years but this is the year I will accomplish it. Just don't think less of me if you find me hanging pictures on New Years Eve 2011. I will still have accomplished what I set out to do. Second, oh crud I just forgot my second goal. Maybe it wasn't that important anyway. Third I will be able to sleep through the night. I haven't had a full night's sleep since I was pregnant with Grace. I figure Sam will start sleeping through the night sometime this year, and then, I get to sleep. So my goal is to get 8 hours uninterrupted sleep. Maybe my memory wouldn't be so shot if I got more sleep. Oooh-oooh, I just remembered #2. I will print my blog into some of those cute little books so I have a hard copy. Technology changes but a book is a book, and this is the only journal type thing I keep, so it is worth printing. I just haven't figured out what to do about the videos I've posted. Any tips on that would be appreciated.
Happy New Year everyone! Here's to getting eight hours of sleep. I know I can do it. I just might have to leave the kids with someone overnight.
3 comments:
as far as the video thing you can find cd/dvd sleeves you can put into photo albums, so you could burn them and put them in there.
I totally wish you could make a blog book that can include videos. For me videos are such a big part of a blog.
I know Beth Banister has made some of her blog into a book. I think you might have to insert the pictures back into the right spot, but I might be making that up.
I totally want Ann's gingerbread recipe. Does it come with a frosting/icing recipe too?
Thanks for posting more wonderful posts. Always fun to read.
Oh! And commments. Is there a blog making book out there that can include comments? I guess they're not vital, but still...
I should take your rug rats for a night. When would you want to do it?
Post a Comment