The pictures are pretty self explanatory. We boiled eggs then we dyed eggs. We had the fun of having little eggs, standard eggs, and big ol' goose eggs. My friend raises poultry and shared her little eggs and big eggs with us for Easter. The little eggs are from banty (bantam) chickens.
Preparing the dye.
A green banty egg with a glowering Libby.
Two banty eggs (I told you the pictures are pretty self explanatory but apparently I won't feel complete unless I write a caption for each photo.)
All Sam's eggs turned out muddy brown because he just loved dropping them in the dye. If we didn't let him drop his over and over again he would open the egg carton and steal other people's eggs. Reminded us of the "egg-sucking salamander" from Disney's Rescuers Down Under.
Regular eggs, banty eggs, geese eggs, oh my!





No comments:
Post a Comment