I had a white Christmas tree growing up. It never, ever looked this good. I always wondered what possessed my mother to buy a white tree. I guess she had visions of a tree that looked like this. Alas, she had seven kids that may or may not have used the branches for sword fights in the warmer months.
Look at that. A picture with the whole family and all the kids are even looking at the camera and not making weird faces. Now if only Michael wasn't squinting.Then we went next door to Winter Garden Aglow. It was magical. Or it could have been, but we have kids. Instead there was a constant refrain of "I'm cold!" - um, you might want to put your hat and gloves back on. Then, "Can we come back when it's light?" - that sort of defeats the purpose. "I'm tired, I want to go to bed." - Arggg!
The view from above. Don't we look happy.
We did see Santa's reindeer Prancer. That was exciting. Sam kept pointing and proclaiming, "It's a moose!" We also learned that all Santa's reindeer are female, as the males lose their antlers in the fall. (Insert comment about women doing all the work and men getting all the credit here)We also saw Santa! Of all my children Ethan was the only one willing to sit with Santa. So glad I waited in line 10 minutes so Sam could sit on Santa's lap and proceed to scream at the top of his lungs and the girls could refuse to go within 15 feet of the man. Santa is terrifying!
We finished the evening with hot chocolate and cider. The kids were more than happy to crawl into their warm beds when we got home. Maybe we should drag them out in the cold more often.





No comments:
Post a Comment