May 3, 2013

Grocery Shopping

It started out as just another grocery trip.  We biked, we shopped, we loaded the bike with the groceries.  Then Ethan hopped on his bike and discovered a massive flat.  Being the resourceful mom I am a noticed a Harley repair shop next door.  We didn't even make it to the shop door before a very nice lady poked her head out and asked if we needed air.  A young guy filled the tire and sent us on our way.  Very nice people at the Harley repair shop on Fairview.

We turned around to haul butt home hoping the tire would hold.  It held!  For 60 seconds.  At first I thought our only option was to walk home.  Then I had a brilliant idea.  I threw Ethan's bike on top of the groceries where the little ones held on to it (my bungee cord was missing after Michael cleaned up my bike).  I threw Ethan up on my rack and pedaled slowly home.  People seemed to be very interested in what we were doing by the amount of rubber necking going on.  I felt like a one-woman parade.  I would have done the homecoming queen wave if I had a hand to spare.

After we got home Ethan said, "Mom if you put this on the blog you should say, 'And Michael thinks he can haul a lot on his bike!'"

Couldn't have said it better myself.

1 comment:

Quacking Fowlers said...

I wish I didn't live In the land of hills and no shoulders, then I could attempt to convince rich to let me have a bike like yours lol.

Post a Comment