November 3, 2016

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year...

Halloween!  I bet you were thinking Christmas.  You were wrong.  Christmas does not start until after Thanksgiving.  Heathens.

Halloween is perfect.  The weather is gorgeous, no one has huge expectations that fall flat, there is not a big dinner to prepare then clean up from, and hardly anyone gets hurt feelings over Halloween arrangements.  Throw in free candy and costumes, and you get the perfect holiday.  And I'm not biased because it just happens to be my birthday, too.

Libby was rocking her costume (I love a bad pun) of a rock star.


Grace was a sweet innocent Little Red Riding Hood while her dad was an excessively hairy Granny/Big Bad Wolf.  I made him cover his real chest fur with a fake ruff.  You are all welcome.

At the church party Sam was Batman (the same as the previous year) but on Halloween night we could not find the mask.  He did not want to be Batman without a mask, so he settled on a fireman.  Thank goodness for lots of hand-me-down costumes.

Ethan got the most comments on his costume.  With some glow strings, an umbrella, and some battery operated Christmas lights he was a glorious jelly fish.  He was also a hit at his school dance.  He wasn't able to dance much with his costume but it was pouring rain when all the students exited.  Several girls took shelter under his umbrella and he didn't look too heart broken about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment