For the last two years, I feel like we have avoided most of the major illnesses. I was hopeful the kids were past the point of bringing home every little bug. I was wrong. This has been our year of sicknesses. For the last two weeks we have been battling a disgusting stomach bug. See Sam sleeping on the bathroom floor, right in front of the toilet? Honestly, with this foul virus, camping out in the bathroom seemed to be the only logical recourse.
When Sam felt well enough to move from the bathroom, he brought a bowl with him, in case of emergencies. There were numerous emergencies. I happened to mention to a couple of people that we were fighting a stomach bug.
The next day this was anonymously delivered on our doorstep. It made me a little teary eyed, just because I felt so cared for. By this time Sam was feeling better, but never fear, Grace quickly succumbed, followed by me, and then a week later (and a day before his large choir trip) Ethan was attacked. Thankfully, his only lasted 24 hours, so he was still able to go on his trip.
I'm hopeful that we are over all of our illnesses, and we can enjoy the rest of the year in good health!



No comments:
Post a Comment