October 15, 2018

End of Summer

It's always a little sad when the hot air balloons float over our house. It means summer is really over. No more swimming or camping. It's time to pull out the jackets and watch the leaves change colors.  

Being inside a little more, I've started a couple crochet projects. This little octopus is a baby toy, meant for kids in the NICU. I'm still working on making the stitches small enough to pass muster.

The kids pulled out the blocks to play with now the evenings are getting darker. The kids still play with the jumbo sized building blocks. I would have thought we had outgrown them by now.
I guess it's very rewarding to build a tower taller than yourself in just a few minutes.

Before we lost all our summer weather, we biked down to Camel's Back Park. Ethan still thinks he fits in the little kid toys. He is wrong. We all enjoyed a good laugh when he couldn't get out. 

We also had Goody's certificates it was high time to redeem, so we stopped for ice cream on the way home. Goodbye summer days of parks and ice cream; I'm ready for hoodies and pumpkins!

No comments:

Post a Comment