We have had a lot more downtime with the stay-at-home order. I have struggled to keep myself and the kids busy and engaged. Here is photographic evidence of ways we have been filling our time.
Activity #2 : In direct relation to activity #1, we have been riding bikes and scooters, a lot.
Just a few days ago Grace was riding her scooter very fast down the road when something (a rock, twig, oxygen?) completely stopped the forward momentum of her scooter. Unfortunately, her body did not stop. She went right over the top of the scooter and managed to break her fall with her face. She was in a lot of pain, and Sam was panicking. Thankfully we were all together, so I asked Ethan to take Sam home. I deal better with one hysterical child at a time. Ethan willingly hauled Sam on home. Michael and I got Grace to spit out her mouth full of dirt and rinse her mouth. We were fairly certain her injuries were superficial so we loaded her on Michael's bike and took her home to wash her up. The washing process created as much screaming as the the initial fall.
Activity #3 : We have also not been putting our bikes away. This is not a fight I am currently winning, so I've given up. At least they are riding.
Homework example -
This is Libby's life story. **I was born. I loved baths. When I was 4 my little sister was born. She was fat. When I was almost 4 I met my BFF. We were cute!"
**Corona. A virus called corona ruined my life and now I can't see my friends. About the author: I am going to be a Sophomore at Borah High School. I love my friends and I miss them. I think you should know that I think this assignment is stupid, especially 'cause it won't even be graded.
So, yeah, public school at home is going about as expected.
Everything he needs stores neatly inside.
Activity #6 : Libby has been busy spreading cheer. She gave a "Corona Starter Pack" to her friend, Izzy. Then Izzy gave one to Libby. Then Libby and Izzy made three more boxes and delivered them to their friends. It's hard on the social people to be in this situation, but she is trying her best to stay connected and engaged.
Activity #7 : Sam has been reading. He has read through most of the Rick Riordan (Percy Jackson, etc.) books in the house. He finished those and then started reading the blog books I finally got printed.
The blog books were my project that took way longer then they should have. Multiple calls to tech support (Michael), numerous times having to restart the process, an entire afternoon at the computer, and then taking out a second mortgage, I finally got six years worth of blog posts printed in three books! With the printing of one more book, I will finally be caught up!
We don't know how long we will be asked to stay home, but we are trying to make the best of this unique situation. We are trying to stay healthy, and more importantly, keep the at-risk population safe. I keep reminding myself that "this too shall pass". Soon I may even start believing it.










No comments:
Post a Comment