July 19, 2020

I Want to Love the 4th

I really do try. I love cooking a summer meal, I love having a few friends over. I love ground blossom fireworks. 

I pretty much hate all the rest, though. I don't like loud noises, or gun powder smells. Kids running through smoke bombs makes me feel like gagging. As you can tell, they adore it. I'm grumpy about spending a lot of money on things we then light on fire. I am a 4th of July scrooge.


This year we had Izzy and her parents over and Libby's friend Kylie. They were all lovely and we had a nice dinner and visit. Then everyone trooped to the alley to light things on fire. Everyone was squealing and running around in pure joy. Things were exploding and popping. I lasted about ten minutes. I told Michael I was getting very stressed out, so he let off a bunch of ground blossoms for me, then graciously sent me inside. 

Everyone outside had a grand time and I didn't get snappy and cranky. It was a good solution. 


They did come and get me for the grand finale. We had a couple awesome fountains that were non photogenic. They were quite enjoyable. Then we ate some ice cream and everyone headed home.

It was a pretty fun evening, but I was happy to crawl into bed once it was all over. 

No comments:

Post a Comment