November 1, 2020

Spooky Day in a Spooky Year

For my birthday dinner I decided on a crudités platter. Initially we were calling it a charcuterie board, but then discovered that term referred to an assortment of meat. We did not have any meat. It became a crudités platter. I bought all the expensive fancy cheese and it was amazing. Libby did all the dinner prep, which is why it is cute. She loves to make things fancy. I love that about her.

Crackers, cheese, veggies, Greek olives, fresh veggies, roasted veggies, and pickled asparagus. Nobody walked away from the table hungry.

The pickled plate is on the right. Learned I am not a fan of pickled cauliflower.

After dinner we sent the kids around the neighborhood on a photo scavenger hunt. Libby fell down and scraped herself and Sam came home early, but they still enjoyed themselves. The kids even found some neighbors with no contact treats outside, so they came home with their pockets full.

Michael and I ensured their candy coma was complete by giving them a bucket of treats. This is Grace's haul for the day. The bucket was from us and her neighborhood haul. The pink treasures are from her friend. Nobody was feeling deprived at the end of the night. 

After the kids came home we broke out the new chocolate fountain for my birthday dessert. It was enjoyed by all.

Everyone hovering around waiting for a turn. During the celebration I looked particularly fetching in my paint splattered shirt. For my birthday this year I decided to paint the bathroom wall and cabinets and replace the light fixture, hence breaking out my fashionable painting shirt.

After dessert we finally watched the 2016 Ghostbusters (deemed Ghostbusties by Ethan several years ago). The movie was just okay, but we still had a lovely evening. 

Everyone pitched in to help, but it still took most of the day. I was screwing cupboard doors back on at 11:00 o'clock at night and finished putting the caulking strip on the tub at midnight, after which I finally went to bed. The bathroom isn't finished but it looks SO much better. Happy birthday to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment