April 18, 2022

Spring Sports

Sam has been begging for years to play Little League. We finally got him signed up! It has been a rocky experience. His coach is pretty intense, especially considering he has the boys who are still learning the game.

In Sam's first game, both times at bat, he got hit with the baseball. The good news is he walked to first and managed to make it home both times. And he barely had a bruise to show for it.



Track and field has proven to be a much better fit for Sam. He's not really into the track part, but he loves the field events. He can only enter one per meet, which is disappointing. He loves the standing long jump, the triple jump, and the softball throw. 

This ribbon he won for the standing long jump! He was pleased with himself.


Grace moved straight from volleyball to her school's track and field. She seems to enjoy all the events. This is her doing the running triple jump. (I didn't even know there was a triple jump!)

Libby told me I'm turning into a soccer mom. I never really envisioned being a soccer mom, but my kids keep signing up for stuff, so here we are. I'm happy to support them in what they choose to pursue. I could use a little more temperature stability though. One day I got a sunburn while cheering them on, three days later it was snow and slush. Spring sports require a strong constitution!

No comments:

Post a Comment