Due to violence at her university, my niece, Amanda, was in desperate need of a visit. Her mom and I found plane tickets and headed out to Michigan.
Despite getting desperately lost in Detroit airport, we did eventually make it to Lansing, and found our lovely Amanda!
She happily showed off her newly learned crochet skills and made her mother model her newest hat. She also set Becca and I to work crocheting a lot of granny squares. I didn't know I was flying across the country to end up being used as free labor.
We did have to eat, to keep our crocheting energy up, so went out to eat, a lot. We ended up at Bob Evan's twice. I learned you can't visit Michigan without eating at Bob Evan's. There was also a fair amount of napping, with and without cats. I woke up to attacked toes on more than one occasion.
and for a nature walks. I did feel left out without a unicorn hoodie, though. I might have to fix that in the future.
Amanda also took us to all of her favorite shops, we ate a lot, went for chilly walks, watched zombie shows and crocheted granny squares. We also ate a lot of carb heavy food and bought overalls at Menard's. I believe we had a well rounded mid-west experience. The highlight, though, was visiting with our gorgeous girl. Before we left, Amanda tried to convince her mother and aunt to uproot our families and join her in Michigan. The housing prices make it look awfully tempting.





No comments:
Post a Comment