August 31, 2023

Five Days at Brookings with Mom and Sisters

Michael and the kids went home and left me at the coast. My mom and my sisters joined me that evening for another five days. 


Sexy sisters posed at the beach. No such photos of me. You are welcome.


I took my sisters to the tidepools. They were pretty amazing.

I took a picture while we waited for the restrooms on our way to Depoe Bay. We visited every single bathroom in Oregon and Idaho on this trip. All of them. Some of them twice. Middle-aged ladies make a lot of bathroom stops.


A month before we went to the coast, my sister lost her husband who has been struggling with his health for eight years. So while we were at the coast, we headed up to Depoe Bay. Lucinda chartered a boat and we went out to release Jefferey's ashes. 
Back at camp, we went on lots of hikes

and enjoyed lots of sunsets. Krys and I also completed our Junior Ranger program booklets and earned our badges. Heidi always did the Junior Ranger program, so we had to continue the tradition. 

On our way home from the coast, we stopped at Jedediah Smith State Park to complete another Junior Ranger program. Krys, Becca, and I were feverishly completing our booklets so that we could get back on the road, when Lucinda came bounding up, vibrating with excitement. As a huge Star Wars nerd, she had just learned we were in the location where the Forest Moon of Endor scenes had been filmed for the Return of the Jedi.


We took many photos before heading home. 


After visiting every bathroom on the way home, we made it home close to midnight. Ten days away from home and my bed was the best thing I have ever experienced, even with Michael in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment