In early December, the boys came over on a beautiful Saturday. The sun was shining, the world was temperate, both of my kids still at home were at work, and I had free zoo passes. So Michael and I took the little boys to spend the day at Zoo Boise. It was one of the best days I've ever spent there. All the animals were out, there were hardly any people, the boys were entranced by all the creatures. We spent a couple happy hours just wandering around.
My favorite stop of the zoo was this little treehouse. The boys started swinging like monkeys from the frame, just like my kids used to do. It is an ideal swinging spot.
My favorite animal was this chunky squirrel. I can't believe how round he is. The boys wanted to pet him, but I squashed that idea. They still walked towards the squirrel and got within a few feet before the squirrel sighed deeply and meandered off. His survival extinct is not strong.
I'm happy I still have people around who want to go to the zoo with me. I love my big children, but I also love spending time little people who are experiencing things for the first time.
No comments:
Post a Comment