December 26, 2008

No Good Deed Goes Unpunished


So the neighbor gave me cookie cutters that end up making a cookie Christmas tree. So I tried it out and it was cute. But I don't like sugar cookies very much and we definitely did not need that many cookies in our house. I stared at my creation with pleasure but wasn't sure what to do with it. Michael didn't want to take it to work because it would be to hard to get it there in one piece. I was flummoxed. Then he suggested we give it to a family in our ward that has four teenagers at home and a couple more coming home for Christmas. The problem was solved. We sent it on the way to some very grateful boys and we were back to low sugar levels. Karma then caught up to us. In less then a week we had no less then eight plates of treats dropped off at our door. I shared the first wave around with as many people as I could and the second wave is still sitting in my freezer. Don't get me wrong. We LOVE homemade cookies, candies, and treats but I can only eat a little bit before I start feeling sick (darn baby) and I try not to let the kids be on a constant sugar high so we are just on treats overload. That's not even taking into consideration the treats Santa, church leaders, and virtual strangers gave the kids. I love Christmas but I think we are all on sugar detox for awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment