February 22, 2010

Grace Loves Her Food

So Grace is officially a formula baby. This is a whole new experience for me. I can count on one hand the number of formula bottles Libby and Ethan had combined. As much as I wanted to continue nursing her, it just wasn't happening. My milk started drying up due to being pregnant.

I was taking her in to the doctor for weight checks and we discovered she had lost almost a pound. We put her on formula and within a week she had gained back 19 oz. A month later she had gained another pound. So I am letting go of my guilt of not being able to do everything. I may not be able to nurse her but she is gaining weight and doing great. I am also secretly relieved as it was really starting to hurt while nursing her. Yet another joy of pregnancy.

She loves her bottle but she also loves food. One of her very favorite foods is avocado. I can't get Ethan or Libby to touch it but avocado gives the very meaning to Grace's existence.
No avocado stands a chance with Grace.

2 comments:

AJ said...

I'll just pass my avocado to Grace! Don't care for them myself.

Katie said...

I love avocados! Grace and I need to have a little fiesta together. I love that little face!

Post a Comment