
Saturday I decided I really wanted to do some baking. I hadn't really baked anything in a while and I was anxious to make something. Thankfully Michael was home to help corral the kids and I was able to spend some time in the kitchen.
I ended up making a loaf of whole wheat bread, a loaf of cinnamon swirl bread, zucchini apple muffins (and loaf of same bread that didn't make it in the picture), whole wheat hamburger buns, whole wheat rolls (that everyone ate before I was able to take a picture), and whole wheat tortillas.
I've never made tortillas before so they ended up looking more like amoebas but they tasted great. I've never really liked store bought whole wheat tortillas, but I really liked these ones. I'm not sure how often I will make them though. They seemed like a lot of work.
I got a little crazy with the baking though. I don't think I have ever made this many different kinds of bread in one day. It was fun though!
4 comments:
Wow. First- I am seriously impressed. Just getting 4 blog posts done alone is work!
Second- cutest face ever in the avocado picture!
third- I have a couple good tortilla recipes if you want them- one for corn and one for white tortillas. We went to a local mexican grocery store and got a tortilla press that makes them flat and perfectly round every time. Also- you can send some baked goods down here- they look yummy!
I have a good tortilla recipe, too. Straight from Honduras. All the things you made make my mouth water. Wish I felt like baking.
SEE, YOU ARE SUPER MOM! :) hahaha. Looks amazing! I'm so impressed with your baking stamina. Seriously.
Well done Katie A! You're amazing!
Post a Comment