July 12, 2012

Vacation Day 11-12: Last Vacation Post - I Promise

Day 11

We went shooting.  My brothers, especially Joseph, like their guns.  We had many to choose from.  Somehow we didn't get pictures of people shooting handguns.  Oh well, I think you get the idea.  There were a lot of little girls with some very big guns.  I'm sad to say I was probably the worst shot among the whole group.   Even the 11 year old was better than me.











Day 12

We said our goodbyes and started the long, long trip home.  We left at 9:30 a.m. and got home at 2:00 in the morning.  We were lucky enough to visit with my uncle and his family over dinner in Rexburg.  More dutch oven goodness.  After a little visiting it was time to head home.  They offered us beds for the night but we just wanted to sleep in our own beds.  We said more goodbyes and hit the road.  Considering how long everyone was in the car, the kids were angels.  Also, I will never bad mouth the built-in DVD player in the van again.  I didn't want it but it has won me over.   We managed to make it home with no puking and only one peed car seat.  

Vacation by the Numbers

1963 miles, 35+ band-aids, 20 stitches, 12 days, 8 adults, 7 children, 4 charred buffalo chips, 3 teens, 2 National Parks, 1 fall into an empty fire pit and 1 wild animal charge.  Best vacation EVER!

No comments:

Post a Comment