October 2, 2016

Captain Underpants Flew into Boise

I lied. Sorry. Captain Underpants did not visit Boise.  Dav Pilkey, the creator of Captain Underpants is the person who visited Boise!  Which to a book nerd is even better.  We were able to get free tickets from our local library to attend his presentation at the Egyptian Theater downtown. 
While waiting to go in the kids took lots of selfies with DogMan, a character in Pilkey's newest book.

We waited patiently for the event to begin.  And we were well rewarded.  Mr. Pilkey is an excellent speaker.  He had the kids howling with laughter, a theater full of kids laughing about underpants is hilarious all by itself.  I loved him too.  He didn't speak down to the kids. He talked about his struggle with ADHD and dyslexia.  He spoke about how his second grade teacher told him he couldn't draw comic books for the rest of his life.  I guess he proved her wrong! 
 He even drew pictures for a few lucky kids at the end.  Sorry for the awful picture, but the event creators asked the audience not to use flash, so this is as good as it got.

One last picture before we went.  Also I refuse to believe that Ethan is that much taller than me.  He still loves Captain Underpants though, so he isn't completely grown up.

No comments:

Post a Comment