February 28, 2018

So far behind...Quick recap of December

The library had a Harry Potter Yule Ball.  Of course my big kids went and the little kids were horribly disappointed that it was only for teenagers.  There was no dancing, but there was wand making, dressing up, and competitions.  I had to laugh to myself when I dropped them off at the library, because I saw the standard assortment of people entering the library: moms with children, kids in hoodies, and a few indigent folks and my kid in a tux held the door open for all of them.  The juxtaposition was jarring.
And of course we made gingerbread houses. The girls could hardly wait to eat theirs!

This year I bought a cookie cutter set to cut the gingerbread.  It was awesome.  I think if we ever want to get truly creative with gingerbread houses, we will have to do it in February, when there is a little more free time.
Three thumbs up, just before the fair housing committee condemned it.

 The best house of all, not that I'm biased.


We had lots of treats given to us.  It is always a red-letter day when our neighbor drops off her treats.  It's okay to be jealous, I would be jealous.  They taste even better than they look.

Libby and I spent some time painting with other young women and one very talented mom who guided our steps.  Libby's final painting has the snowman looking sideways as well.  She painted over her poor snowman six different times, until she was satisfied.  Alas, I do not have a photo of her finished work.  I love my little snowman gazing off towards the stars.

Last, but not least, this boy won't stop growing.  He turned fourteen this year.  He's taller than me, but his dad is still 1/4 inch taller than him.  He is actively involved in choir, tech club, builders club, and future cities club.  He tried wrestling for a day, but decided he was too busy and it was too large of a time commitment. The way everyone talked about teenagers, I have been afraid to get to that point.  It's not been without it's difficulties, but I am thoroughly enjoying this stage!

No comments:

Post a Comment