March 31, 2018

The Danger of Saying Yes

The Tuesday of spring break started off normally.  Ethan found a job on Nextdoor (neighborhood Facebook) with a man who needed help cleaning out a crawl space and asked for the position.  As we didn't actually know the man, I suggested to Ethan I should be present for the initial meeting (I was having visions of my child buried in a random crawlspace).  Ethan agreed that would be prudent and suggested we longboard to the job.  I shouldn't have said yes.  I'm not good at longboarding.  The house was over a mile away.  I should have stuck with walking.  Thankfully, I didn't need stitches, but I probably stumbled off the board a dozen times.  And my legs ached.  And my hands hurt from carrying the board.  And...and I should have said no.  But I didn't, and I survived, and Ethan won a lucrative job.  So I guess it turned out okay.

Later the kids also found out that someone was giving away a free rabbit on Nextdoor.  They asked the pertinent questions of the owner and then started begging.  I don't know why I said yes.  Maybe I was just having a yes day.  In a moment of weakness though I agreed to go look at the rabbit.  As every mother knows, if you say yes to looking at the animal, the animal is coming home with you. 


Meet our newest addition.  Her name is Nutmeg or Lady Fluffernutter, depending on which child you ask.  As you can tell from the photo, she is a very chill bunny.  I think we got pretty lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment