May 6, 2020

Cutting Our Own Hair

I blame it on Libby. She lulled me into a false sense of security. She asked me if I could trim an inch off her hair. Trimming curly hair is so easy. Even if I mess up, no one would even know. So I grabbed the scissors and hacked off an inch, then put her hair into the requested braids.
Her hair looked great, life was good.

Then Ethan asked for a haircut. He has been asking for a couple weeks. He even sent me a video. I tried, all I can say is I tried, and rejoice hairdressers should be able to open soon.


His before pictures.

His after photo. I was only allowed to take this picture after I agreed to play a round of Mario Kart with him. The 'do isn't horrible and if I were brave enough, I would cut more off. I am not brave enough. He is not patient enough. We are moving on with life.  He is wearing a hat.

Then Grace asked for a haircut. I was surprised, to say the least. I talked to her for a few minutes, to make sure she was certain. Her long hair has been so important to her for so long and I didn't want to cause psychological damage.

She was certain, so I grabbed the scissors. Girl's hair is easy.  She was very pleased. Although her braid isn't as long or flexible now, it looks so much nicer. I don't know why it looks so crooked in this picture; it's much straighter in real life.

Sam was the last in the roundup. He honestly doesn't care what it looks like, so there was no pressure. 

It turned out all right, but I'm not tempted to cut his hair again. Cutting boys' hair is hard! All the blending and shaping. Every mistake shows. I think we will leave hair cutting to the professionals from now on.

I think I should have stuck with the original title to this post: "Cutting our own hair; do not recommend."

1 comment:

Katie said...

I can't believe Grace wanted to cut her hair!!! So brave

Post a Comment