June 21, 2022

Be Still My Heart

Sam graduated Elementary school, so Ethan had to one-up him. He decided to graduate high school. I. Just. Can't. Even. How did this even happen??

I was so grateful to watch Ethan walk across the stage and receive his diploma. This group of students has been through a lot the last few years, and they endured. They did what was asked of them, learned on formats never been tried before, and just kept trying. It was a pretty amazing night.

After the diplomas were handed we all sat there for a quiet moment, until a single deep voice rang out with an "A-wheem-o-way". Then three other voices joined in, as four exceptional students (at least to me) made their way to the stage to sing, "The Lion Sleeps Tonight." After the first note, I was looking around. It sounded so much like Ethan. Sure enough, it was. When he told me that he was singing with the choir, he forgot to mention he was part of a quartet singing the closing song. If I were prone to crying, I would have been a mess. 

Fully graduated and posing for an unflattering picture.

His cousin was so excited to see Ethan after he graduated. He waited so patiently for Ethan to find us after the graduation.
It was worth the wait. 


He may be an official adult now, but he will always be my first little baby. Thankfully, he doesn't seem in a hurry to put aside all his childish ways.

This summer he is working full time at Borah pool as head life guard. He's enrolled in BSU this fall and plans on pursuing mechanical engineering.

No comments:

Post a Comment