April 6, 2024

Family Outing

The same weekend as our anniversary, we got a phone call from my niece asking if we wanted to go out. They were taking the great-nephews to the World Center for Birds of Prey. It sounded like a fun activity, so we grabbed Sam (Grace was already at work) and headed to the outskirts of town.

We were running a few minutes late so as we paid, Michael asked the ticket taker if she had seen a group of redheads with two toddlers come through and she pointed us to their exact location.

We spent a lovely hour hanging out with my sister, her adult children, and the great nephews who did not belong to any member of the group.

There was a slight meltdown on the hike, but Uncle Mike was able to fix it. The five-year-old great nephew loves Uncle Mike the most, of everyone. So much love. I am barely tolerated.


The littlest guy was much more willing to hang out with anyone. He was even willing to check his wingspan with Sam. Sometimes I want to run away from Boise but then I get days like these. How could I possibly leave?

No comments:

Post a Comment