April 3, 2024

New Year's Eve

We didn't do much for New Year's Eve this year. Ethan and Libby had their own adult(ish) plans, so we wished them a good night and let them know we were here, if needed. 

Michael and I settled in at home with Grace and Sam for a night of chips, dips, movies and board games. It was a great way to ring in the new year.

It was wonderful to just sit back and relax. I had a crazy week.  Once again I was in charge of a Noon Year's Eve Party at my library. Thankfully, I was much better about asking my coworkers for help this year, and we had a team of people working on it, not just my family of forced volunteers. It's a really good thing that it was a team event this year, because we had 3x as many people as last year! Over 160 people! Crazy!

My family still came, bringing the boys. But this year they were able to just be part of the attendees. Although, they were still very helpful. Michael wins the best vaccuumer award. He was amazing. Littlest Dude and Libby won the cutest candid photo contest.



Everyone partied their hearts out and we even managed to grab a quick photo before starting cleanup.

I do have lots of other photos that includes snacks, story time, homemade confetti cannons and egg shakers, bubble dance parties, and of course a balloon drop. Unfortunately, I don't feel comfortable posting them as they have other people's children in them. I'll be happy to show them to you in person, though! You'll regret ever asking.

No comments:

Post a Comment