June 22, 2024

Just Three Days - Take a Deep Breath

Sunday we celebrated a lovely Mother's Day. Libby sent a package, Grace acquired treats at Fred Meyer, and Michael stayed out of my way as I bought an egregious amount of plants. For dinner we enjoyed a simple charcuterie board. It was a easy, gentle day. Gentle days are so necessary, on occasion.


Monday night we headed off to Sam's last concert of the season. I've been watching this group sing for the last two years and I started feeling some pretty big emotions watching the 9th grade girls sing in their very last junior high concert-girls that are friends of Grace's and I've watched grow up. I didn't have a lot of time to dwell though, as after the ovation, we grabbed Sam and rushed out of the auditorium.

We rushed home to celebrate Grace's 15th birthday. It was 7:30 by the time we made it home, and the few family members were already starting to arrive. But we had cake, we had family, we had friends, and we had presents. It was a bit of a rush but a success.


Tuesday Night we celebrated this man's 43rd birthday. We were a little celebrated out, but we persevered. There was dinner, there was dessert, and there were gifts. There were no pictures. This picture is from a completely different day.


We still love Michael, even if we don't have photographic evidence.

It was three crazy days, with too much to eat, a ton of family, and not quite enough hours. Now we are taking a few minutes to breathe, right before the end of the school year crashes upon us.

No comments:

Post a Comment