Day 4
Mammoth Hot Springs. Winding road but Sam managed to hold on to his breakfast.Had to see Old Faithful. This was my first trip to Yellowstone so we had to see all the major attractions, and it doesn't get majorer than Old Faithful.
Sam was enthralled. Grace not so much.
I made everyone stop at Gibbon Falls. I needed waterfalls.
Stopped at Artist Paint Pots on the way back to camp. The view was incredible and so were the mosquitoes. We couldn't hold still for more than 2 seconds before they were all over us.
Went back to camp and went to bed. No stitches or wild animal charges. Vacation was starting to look up.
Day 5
Swimming, laundry, and moving to a better (flat) campsite.
Day 6
Mom only let me take her picture after promising we couldn't see the giant black eye she was sporting from her fall at Craters.
This was Libby's favorite part of the park.
Sam didn't care for the smell of the nearby geysers.
Picked up our Junior Ranger badges and Ethan earned a Scout Stewardship badge.














1 comment:
What a vacation! I can't believe that bison took a nap in your camp. Yeah, I'd give him/her lots of space too.
Were you worried/scared about the bears?
Post a Comment