I did something amazing! I finally finished my bachelor's degree! I graduated with a 4.0 GPA and the honor of summa cum laude from BYU-I! With all that education I still cannot spell bachelor or summa cum laude, though. Some people just cannot be taught.
With my free time, I started some projects around the house. I started by painting my kitchen chairs which I have been dreaming of replacing for years. A couple coats of spray paint made me fall in love with them, though! Apparently, it was just the color I hated.
I've also hated my kitchen floor for years now, as well. Who thinks a cream colored floor with gray scratch designs would look anything but dirty? Freshly scrubbed it still looked grimy. I decided to replace it with hardwood laminate. Michael started the project with me, but I pretty much took over. I laid most of it while he was at work. I ended up doing the hall, kitchen, and living room.
See how much prettier it looks!? And my pretty white chairs!? I'm in love with the look. I also painted that small wall next to the fridge with blackboard paint and repainted my other walls to make them look a little cleaner. I still have a little bit of trim to put back up, but I am so pleased with the results. After I finish the house I'm not sure what I am going to do with my free time. I'm going to need a new project. Maybe run for president!




No comments:
Post a Comment