We have not been to Zoo Boise in several years. Our kind neighbor gave us four passes for a special Rotary Club night. Ethan and Michael opted out, so I took the three youngest kids and spent the evening at the zoo. The zoo is actually pretty fun after not going for several years.
I remember when my older kids were shorter than this penguin. Now my younger kids are taller than all the penguins statues. And sassier too; just look at Grace's face!
We also had a enjoyable visit with the sloth bear. He was convinced we had food. He was rubbing up against the window, licking the glass, and putting his head against the kids' heads (separated by glass, of course). He was acting like every cat in the world when it is begging for food. We spent a good fifteen minutes just hanging out with him. The kids thought he might enjoy coming home with us. I figured we would all enjoy staying sane and uneaten more. I didn't even consider taking him home but I may have considered letting the kids move in with him.
With all the exotic animals at the zoo, feeding the goats and letting them slime your hand is still a highlight. Blech.





No comments:
Post a Comment